CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid that can be extracted from the flower and leaves of hemp varieties of Cannabis sativa. CBDA is the raw, unheated precursor of CBD.
Both CBD and CBDA are non-impairing, non-intoxicating and help support body and mind. They are just two of over 100+ cannabinoids and other physiologically active constituents in Cannabis sativa.
Healer Drops are whole plant hemp formulas with CBD, CBDA and the Healer Spectrum of the plant’s beneficial acidic and minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids and phytonutrients. They may help to naturally:
- Promote alertness and clear thinking*
- Improve mood, promote resilience to stress, and relieve irritability*
- Assist with pain & inflammation after physical activity*
- Enhance performance and recovery from exercise*
Research has shown that whole plant hemp formulas, like Healer CBD drops, have a better effect on the body than taking CBD alone. As our Certificates of Analysis (COAs) show, our Healer Spectrum delivers to you many of the plant’s original cannabinoid, terpene and flavonoid profiles. This allows you to get better results per drop compared to others, especially a CBD isolate product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Many people successfully use CBD before bed and in the middle of the night, while others report that their use during the day helps them to relax and sleep more at night. CBD may disturb sleep in a small number of people when taken directly before bed.
First, try CBD during the morning and middle of the day for 3–5 days before trying it right before bedtime. If you find CBD energizing and want to try it at bedtime, you may find that increasing your usage amount by 2x–4x may help with relaxation and sleep.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a biological system in the human body involved in establishing and maintaining human health. In each tissue, the endocannabinoid system performs different tasks, but the goal is always the same: homeostasis, the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite fluctuations in the external environment. Cannabinoids promote homeostasis at every level of biological life.
Your body’s ECS has been hard at work since before you were born to maintain balance at a cellular level, helping you heal from illness and injury. Present in all the tissues and organs of the body, the ECS regulates the function of the immune, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal and nervous systems, and thus has a profound influence on every aspect of our health, including:
- Mood and anxiety
- Resilience to stress
- Neurologic healing
- Pain signaling
- Gut function
- Tissue recovery after exercise or injury
- And more…
CBD can enhance the activity of the ECS and act on several other physiologic targets involved in health and healing.
It’s hard to believe the stories of CBD helping with such a wide variety of issues, but CBD’s versatile benefits correlate with the critical role that the endocannabinoid system (ECS) plays in our health.
Learn more about the Endocannabinoid System with Dr. Sulak.
CBD influences the ECS by decreasing the uptake and breakdown of anandamide, one of the compounds we produce that stimulates our cells’ cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2). CBD has also been shown to modulate the action of CB1 receptors, which could help in situations of excessive CB1 activity.
Beyond its influence on the ECS, CBD works at several other sites in the body correlating with health benefits:
- CBD stimulates the “capsaicin receptor” (TRPV1 channel) known for its impact on pain and inflammation. Unlike capsaicin, which is commonly used in topical preparations, CBD does not cause a burning sensation.
- CBD stimulates the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor, which is involved in cognition, mood, anxiety, sociability, impulsivity, sex drive, and arousal.
- CBD likely stimulates the adenosine A2 receptor, which is involved in anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective activity.
Patients taking pharmaceutical medications should discuss CBD with their medical provider prior to taking.
CBD may interact with certain medications, including the anticoagulant warfarin, the seizure medications valproic acid and clobazam, and other drugs metabolized by the liver enzymes CYP3A4 and CYP2C19.
Human studies with repeated high doses of CBD (1,500 mg twice daily for 1 week) have failed to demonstrate any toxic or serious adverse effects.
Since Healer CBD products work with the body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS), your response will be personal based on your body’s specific needs. Many people will experience immediate benefits from Healer CBD products while for others the beneficial effects will continue to build over time.
Take the guesswork out of using CBD with our clinically proven, free step-by-step Usage Guide & Response Tracker©. Let Dr. Sulak guide you to better health.
If you are not satisfied with the response from Healer CBD Drops after 2-4 weeks at 20-30 drops twice daily, try switching to CBDA Drops, which may have more potent effects at a lower amount.
People who use excessive amounts of CBD may report loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, restlessness, and disturbed sleep. If you suspect any of these side effects with your CBD use, you should contact your doctor and reduce the amount you’re using or try taking a break from CBD.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a well-known component of hemp with diverse health benefits. Many are surprised to learn that the hemp plant does not directly produce CBD. The plant actually produces cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) which converts to CBD slowly at room temperature, or rapidly when exposed to high temperatures.
CBD and CBDA share many physiologic properties, but also have some important differences:
- CBDA is more easily absorbed when taken by mouth, compared to CBD. 
- CBDA and CBD both have anti-inflammatory properties, but may act via different mechanisms in the body. For example, unlike CBD, CBDA has been shown to inhibit the COX-2 enzyme.
- CBDA may be more potent than CBD for some applications based on studies of rodent models of nausea , stress-induced anxiety , pain and inflammation, and seizures . We don’t know if similar results translate to humans yet, but it is possible that CBDA may be more effective than CBD at lower doses.
- CBDA is unlikely to mitigate the adverse effects of THC, a common usage of CBD. While many people appreciate the combined effects of CBD and THC, some find that CBD weakens the beneficial effects of THC and may prefer CBDA.
 Pellesi, Lanfranco, et al. ” European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 74.11 (2018): 1427-1436.
 Takeda, Shuso, et al. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 36.9 (2008): 1917-1921.
 Rock, E. M., et al. British Journal of Pharmacology 169.3 (2013): 685-692.
 Rock, Erin M., et al. Psychopharmacology 234.14 (2017): 2207-2217
 Anderson, Lyndsey L., et al. Journal of natural products 82.11 (2019): 3047-3055.
We recommend starting with Healer Hemp CBD, which contains mostly CBD and about 15% CBDA, along with the Healer Spectrum of naturally occurring minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and other important phytonutrients. While the human research on both CBD and CBDA is still emerging, early findings show that even small amounts of CBDA, like those found in our CBD formula, can have significant physiologic effects.
However, you should start with our CBDA product if:
- You know you respond better to CBDA than CBD
- You’ve tried CBD in the past in moderate to high amounts (25-50mg) and have been unsatisfied with the results
- You’re using THC and you don’t want your hemp product to decrease its effects.
We encourage you to consult your physician or healthcare authority before you start, stop, or change your health regimen, and to determine what course of therapy is right for you. Always seek consultation if you are pregnant, nursing, have or suspect you have a medical condition, or are taking any medications to discuss potential interactions or complications. The information presented here is not a substitute for or alternative to information from your healthcare providers.